Thursday, June 19, 2008

Home Sweet Home


Home Sweet Home. In our case - Home Sweet Townhome.

Never has this sentiment had more meaning to me. After back-to-back trips to LA, a nasty stomach bug, an emergency trip to Ikea for a crib since the little man outgrew the portable play yard my parents bought him, nursing after nursing in the middle of the night, and a huge setback in his napping and sleeping schedule, it was great to be back home.

The house was as I left it. Clean towels covering the furniture just in case of more intestinal distress.

I knew it would take Nicholas some time to readjust to life back on the ranch. But he just won't. Lots of nursing. Waking up two or three times in the middle of the night. Growth spurt. Big time.

My infant sleep research tells me that two weeks before and two weeks after his nine month birthday will be particularly tough on his sleep. My research also recommends that we plan trips around this schedule. Well… that's out of our hands.

So I'm looking at a little over three weeks left in this nine month milestone/sleep disruption process. Then I'm in the clear.

But what will happen after three weeks? I'll let you know.

No comments: