Sunday, May 18, 2008

M-I-C… See you real soon!

Nicholas and I took a trip to Southern California to visit with my parents. It was our first airplane trip on our own. It was his first trip to meet Grandma and Grandpa. It was going to be our first taste of summer weather for 2008.

The only things on our agenda were 1) to visit with his maternal Great Grandmother, 2) to introduce him to a swimming pool and 3) to have him meet Goofy and his Pals.

Bubba met his great grandmother. Though he won't remember their introduction, I will and I'll remind him all about it. He flashed her his million dollar smile. He patted her hand. He sang to her. All while she was lying asleep in her hospital bed. It was a bittersweet visit.

The swimming pool thing never happened. I'm still not sure how we didn't fit it in but we didn't.

My parents live in the OC. On my sister's suggestion we had a weekend brunch at Goofy's Kitchen in the Disneyland Hotel. There's a lot of things I can say about this experience but the only one I'll write about is Bubba's delight with meeting the Disney characters. Before our party was seated, we took a picture with Goofy all done up in a chef's outfit in front of a cartoon kitchen backdrop. The baby was fascinated with Goofy's whiskers. It was cute and I was grateful that he wasn't trying to put the whiskers in his mouth. While we were seated at our table, various characters came around with a special greeting for him and there was dancing with the characters at the buffet area.

With validated parking, it was the perfect amount of Disney-to-cost ratio for a person who naps every three hours. I guess that song was right because we'll be back.

No comments: